Paranormal Encounters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cordell Gibbs, Jun 23, 2013.

?

Have you believe in Ghost and the Paranormal?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. maybe

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Must see it for myself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cordell Gibbs

Cordell Gibbs Member

Hello guys I wanted to do this thread about the Paranormal because I've had one myself when I was only 14 years old. One night I woke up at 4:35am and I remember having my room door shut
    and my room was dark then all of a sudden in the hallway next to my room the lights went on and walking was heard and I though someone is breaking in the house! At first I was nervous, then I approached my door and opened it as quick as possible but no one was there, then I got scared. I turned off the lights, closed my door and went back to bed so scared I put the covers over my head and went back to sleep nervous for the rest of the night. And that was my ghost story that I'll never forget, if any of you have known someone who had an encounter or have had an encounter yourself please share you're story I will appreciate it ;)

Sorry I made a grammar error on the poll above this post it should be "Do you" not "Have you" ;)
  2. andyroo

andyroo Administrator Staff Member

This will fascinate you: here is a link to a thread within the forums of a paranormal encounter I had back in 2009... and it is Ariana related!

http://forum.ariana.org/index.php?threads/is-my-ariana-painting-haunted.5575/

In all honesty, I voted for 'maybe' because I don't have any certainty from those experiences. These days, I am a sceptic but I can't deny what my girlfriend and myself saw at the time.
    Cordell Gibbs likes this.
  3. Cordell Gibbs

Cordell Gibbs Member

That story is amazing and yet spooky, and what blew my mind is how you talked to the painting to stop the activity from going on if I'm not mistaken and yes that painting of Ariana you painted looked gorgeous and that you had much love and emotion for the it's like it came to life!
  4. andyroo

Talking to the painting seemed the most logical thing to do at the time as I had no experience with strange encounters like this. It was a painting I could not bear to part with at the time until I gave it to my girlfriend at the time as a present. She still has it and thankfully no more problems had occurred since. According to the paranormal group I attended, by speaking with the painting as a way to 'pass on' to my girlfriend, it somewhat dispelled all the energy that was trapped within it so that any passing spooks can happily go through without trouble and no longer cause disturbance - ghosts are apparently attracted to water and the painting was hung outside the bathroom.
  5. Cordell Gibbs

Cordell Gibbs Member

I'm pretty sure that maybe water is somewhat a source of energy for the ghost and without it they can't do much.
  6. Ather World

Ather World Administrator Staff Member

Water = Life for Earthlings. Maybe that's the attraction.
  7. David Sexton

David Sexton Administrator Staff Member

I was brought up in some very old houses. My parents current place is about 160 years old.

I've always been fairly open minded, but events in that place over the years have started to pile up. Then there are the stories from others. The house has a history of death, including it's original owner who poisoned himself with strychnine (which is a bit like torturing yourself to death... really slowly). As with any old place there were pumps, noises and shadows.

Not long after we moved in:
    First was my aunt who visited and whilst not being one to worry about such "silliness" as ghosts had an encounter in the spare bedroom by being touched and seeing a person at the end of the bed.

A new school friend (we had just moved states) came over to stay and was given the spare room. He was older than me and for all intents and purposes was the school "tough guy". Already on probation for beating up a guy who called his mother a derogatory name (hey, don't judge me, I was new and a nerd... tough guy friends had their uses), so he wasn't scared of that much. Until he walked into that room. He kept saying that something was wrong with the room and that if he was going to sleep in there, we needed to leave the light on, and I needed to stay in there as well. We got no sleep that night. He didn't know the stories of the house, but I found out later that he had a history of being sensitive.

After a while (and a few renovations), we started finding out that we had some mutual acquaintances with the former owners, and having spoken to them about the house, they shared various stories of weird things happening during their visits, and stories they'd been told by the previous owners.. and others.

I was washing my car on the front lawn on a summers evening when an old gentleman who had been parked out the front of the house for a while got out and approached me. I could see he was from another state. He told me that he'd been friends with a previous owner when he was very young as part of his introduction, and his first questions were about what had I experienced in the house. Again, I got plenty of stories about things that had happened in the house's history and the stories he knew from the owner of that time as well.

The house itself is heritage listed, and being one of the earliest built houses in the region, its history is documented well, and a lot of the things we've been told over the years are verifiable.

I'd always seen shadows, heard odd noises, and always heard mum complaining of the same kinds of things, but the single scariest event that ever happened to me there (I'm going back there tomorrow for a week) was one night about 10 years ago. I remember the night well. I'd been to the dentist and had a couple of wisdom teeth removed (top ones, so nothing major), and I was sitting in the lounge room watching TV. I had a glass full of blood in my hand because my mouth was bleeding and I couldn't cope with any more of it running down my throat so I'd started spitting it out (and otherwise coughing it up). The TV was on, and I heard someone running down the hall way very, very loudly.
    Now - at this point, I need to mention that the floor is entirely timber and carries sound reasonably well. The house itself also has a reasonable amount of space around it from neighbours.
    .... My first thought was that the cat had gone nuts and started tearing down the hall way at a million miles an hour as it's done so many times before (itself interesting as the cat isn't playful).... then I looked down and noticed that the cat was sitting on my lap, and had a look of absolute terror over its whole body. It tail was fluffed out, its fur on end and it was staring straight at the door into the hallway completely terrified. I'm not sure what actually scared me more... the noise, the fact that the cat was still on my lap, or the look of absolute terror the cat had.
    The cat when its scared normally runs off and hides. He couldn't move from my lap. When i got my nerve back.. sometime after the cat's fur had settled and he decided he was ready to run off and hide, I went and had a look. The whole house as expected was empty bar me and the cat. The doors and windows locked.

The running down the hallway was something that's been heard by owners before, and I've heard it since (as have others though not so loud). When the original owner had decided to kill himself (we know the details of why), he had done it out in a shed, then come through the rear of the house, ran through the hallway into a bedroom at the front of the house (the spare room), and climbed in bed where he died his slow painful death. I think you can start to see the bigger picture now.
    andyroo likes this.
  8. Cordell Gibbs

Cordell Gibbs Member

Yikes! that definitely sounded like that was uncomfortable, if I heard those footsteps I would be pretty darn nervous knowing that no one is in the house but you and the cat which is also scared straight by the sound. You're story kinda gave me the goosebumps lol, thank you for sharing david I appreciate it:)
  9. andyroo

Blimey! Pretty strong stuff David! :eek:
  10. David Sexton

David Sexton Administrator Staff Member

And to think, I'm heading back that way tomorrow for a week to look after mum lol.

Honestly - most of the time, you'd notice nothing in the house. Just sometimes it gets active and weird stuff happens. There's actually a lot more than I mentioned (was running late to get to a training course)...

The spare bedroom - never, ever, gets dust or spider webs. Practically impossible for a house that old not to get both, but that particular room doesn't have that issue despite having a fireplace, an air vent, and spends most of the time with the door shut.

The foot steps as I mentioned aren't so uncommon. Them being as loud as I experienced that time is rare enough, but foot steps aren't that uncommon. I've been on the phone to mum before when she's said she thinks someone is in the house, only to walk around and find no one. I've even heard various noises over the phone that she hasn't been able to explain despite them being loud.
    You kinda get used to it by ignoring it.

In the modern world of "ghost hunting" and paranormal investigations, I'd describe it as being relative to the stone tape theory. I've not experienced anything that I'd consider to be interactive in any extent - just things that seem to be relevant to events from the past. That said, I've never attempted to interact with whatever could be there and don't particularly care to.... I know something is there, and interacting with it only serves to invite it increase its activity while I lack the necessary understanding to deal with it appropriately. I have a theory that the use of religion in dealing with "hauntings" is directly related to fear of a specific deity being called by the person investigating; so one really needs to understand the beliefs of specific entity in order to know what it's scared of (if anything). If said entity has a particular negative energy behind it, one would assume that it's probably intelligent to determine things about the person its interacting with. Exactly how an atheist person can strike fear into an invisible ball of energy by threatening it with its own deity could be a little difficult as I imagine said entity probably knows that the person doesn't believe in what they're threatening. I'd rather not push my luck that my parents live in lol
  11. Cordell Gibbs

Cordell Gibbs Member

Seems like the ghost or whatever is trying to interfere with everyone and just wants to be heard, I don't think that it's a negative energy at all.
  12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Member

My sister on the weekends dose stuff with a paranormal group in Ohio. On June 9th my mother passed away and my sister had all of her equipment out. Needless today we got alot of activity for 3 days or so. Was very creepy with the voice box telling us stuff. Not sure if it was really my mom every time but got some very good responses. Later on in the week we think we had something at the house that was trying to either pretend it was my mom or something else, cause when I put my father old cross necklace on the table near the equipment, everything went off and we had no activity for 3 days.
  13. Cordell Gibbs

Cordell Gibbs Member

That is very sad to here that you're mother passed away and maybe the necklace may be a connection to you're mothers spirit knowing that she is still present.
  14. andyroo

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Alidar.
  15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Member

Thanks Cordell and andyroo. I would have responded WAY sooner but I have been playing way to much Crusader Kings II
    Cordell Gibbs and andyroo like this.